In this episode, Chris is joined by IBM Storage CMO Scott Baker. The discussion takes place at Flash Memory Summit 2022 (FMS), being held in person in Santa Clara, USA. FlashCore Modules are IBM’s custom flash drives, developed from IP acquired with the acquisition of Texas Memory Systems. Scott is presenting at FMS, discussing how FlashCore could be used for anomaly detection and enhanced ransomware protection.
Elapsed Time: 00:13:36
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:02:00 – What is the vision for future FlashCore modules?
- 00:04:15 – FlashCore are 38.4TB in capacity
- 00:05:45 – FlashCore could provide hits and info into other anti-ransomware tools
- 00:07:30 – Malware software and processes are becoming more complex
- 00:09:45 – Is storage “done”?
- 00:11:00 – Joined up systems can focus on identifying threat activities
- 00:13:00 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
Copyright (c) 2016-2022 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #d4rf.