Infinidat recently announced some significant enhancements to the InfiniGuard platform. InfiniGuard is a backup target appliance solution that includes deduplicating technology to optimise the storage and retrieval of backup data. In this podcast, Eric Herzog, CMO at Infinidat, talks about the new features and how they form part of a cyber resiliency strategy for modern data centres. The enhancements include greater backup throughput (180TB/hour), virtual air-gapping of backup data, immutable snapshots and a new isolated forensic network for data recovery testing.
Elapsed Time: 00:28:58
Previous podcasts with Infinidat:
- #202 – Enterprise Storage Consolidation with Phil Bullinger from Infinidat
- #166 – Infinidat Elastic Storage Pricing with Eran Brown
- #132 – Accelerating Ransomware Recovery with Eran Brown
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:01:15 – Why is cyber resilience so important today?
- 00:02:50 – What is InfiniGuard?
- 00:05:00 – InfiniGuard includes support for multiple protocols
- 00:06:00 – InfiniGuard uses InfiniBox technology
- 00:08:00 – Consolidation is becoming a key requirement
- 00:09:45 – Performance is improved 74->180TB/hour ingest
- 00:12:30 – InfiniSafe adds new cyber resiliency features
- 00:14:15 – Features, immutable snapshots, logical air-gap and fenced network
- 00:19:30 – Backups have to be tested by restore
- 00:23:45 – What is the availability of the new InfiniSafe features?
- 00:28:00 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- The Quiet Success of Infinidat
- Looking forward to the future of modern backup storage
- The Expanding Storage Hierarchy
Copyright (c) 2016-2022 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #6f7f.