In this week’s sponsored episode, Chris and Martin talk to Phil Bullinger, newly appointed CEO at Infinidat. The company has reached their ten-year anniversary, shipping over seven exabytes of capacity in that time. With successful growth in every quarter during 2020, we discuss how Infinidat is helping drive the consolidation story for large enterprises and MSPs looking to optimise their storage systems.
The ability to deploy entire storage arrays into customer data centres is both an operational benefit and financial tool for Infinidat. Enterprises love the set-and-forget approach, while MSPs like to pay as their customer usage grows. This highlights one of the many trends for data storage in the future, where architectures need to fit into the financial business model of the customer.
For more information on Infinidat, check out the website at www.infinidat.com.
Elapsed Time: 00:37:06
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:00:30 – Martin is farming Chia
- 00:02:00 – Phil Bullinger has joined Infinidat as CEO
- 00:03:34 – 7 exabytes shipped in 10 years
- 00:06:13 – Infinidat grew every quarter during the pandemic
- 00:08:40 – Are we into a consolidation “megatrend”?
- 00:10:00 – Consolidation reduces costs and increases agility
- 00:12:30 – Modern storage systems have to provide smart management
- 00:13:50 – Infinidat aims to deploy fully-populated arrays
- 00:15:00 – Storage systems need to be proactively balanced, not reactive
- 00:18:00 – Infinidat offers a range of 4 consumption/purchase models
- 00:20:34 – What’s the financial and risk aspect of partial deployments?
- 00:25:10 – Where is consolidation heading?
- 00:29:00 – Ransomware needs a systems-level protection
- 00:31:00 – What happens next for Infinidat and enterprise storage?
- 00:33:00 – The Infinidat architecture works with all storage media
- 00:36:13 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- #166 – Infinidat Elastic Storage Pricing with Eran Brown
- #141 – Building Storage Systems of the Future
- #132 – Accelerating Ransomware Recovery with Eran Brown
- #113 – The Expanding Storage Hierarchy with Erik Kaulberg
Copyright (c) 2016-2021 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast episode #nanq.