Last week Chris attended NetApp Insight in Barcelona and had a chance to chat to Greg Knieriemen, Chief Technologist in the Storage Systems & Software business at NetApp. Greg was formerly at Hitachi Vantara where he held a similar role. This conversation touches on Greg’s reasons for choosing NetApp and exactly what he will be focusing on within the company.
Elapsed Time: 00:17:07
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:01:30 – Why move to NetApp?
- 00:04:00 – Three BUs, Storage/Systems, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Services
- 00:07:00 – The Data Fabric is much more real today than two years ago
- 00:08:00 – Acquisitions, StackPoint, GreenQloud, SolidFire
- 00:10:00 – Cultural change – allowing new processes to drive existing solutions
- 00:11:00 – Where are the gaps? Bringing other traditional products into the strategy
- 00:13:00 – What will Greg be focusing on over the next 6 months? MAX Data
- 00:16:00 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
Greg Knieriemen is the NetApp Chief Technologist and helps develop and drive the vision and application of NetApp products and solutions. Previously, Greg worked for Hitachi and was the founder of the Speaking in Tech Podcast. Greg has over 15 years of experience using, deploying and marketing enterprise IT solutions.