This is one of two podcasts, recorded live at IP EXPO 2018 in London. The format is slightly different from what we’ve done in the past, in that we have four short 10-minute interviews with storage vendors. Each talks about their company, products and industry problem being solved.
The four guests are:
- Steve Blow, Technology Evangelist with Zerto
- Neil Stobart, VP Global Systems Engineering at Cloudian
- Julie Herd, Director of Technical Marketing at E8 Storage
- Read Fenner, VP Global Sales for Nexsan and Drobo & Mark Walker, Channel Sales Director (Nexsan) from StorCentric
These interviews are recorded live, so there’s no editing and obviously with such a busy show floor, there is background noise. Let us know if you think this format of production is something we should do more, and if there are any specific companies to interview.
Elapsed Time: 00:44:15
- 00:00:00 – Intros
- 00:00:30 – Zerto with Steve Blow
- 00:01:00 – What is an evangelist?
- 00:02:00 – Repositioning as an IT Resilience platform
- 00:02:35 – What is the market focus for Zerto?
- 00:03:40 – What are the new problems being solved?
- 00:04:50 – Planning on making backup sexy again
- 00:06:00 – What is Zerto’s cloud story?
- 00:07:30 – Didn’t we have CDP before?
- 00:08:30 – Why attend IP Expo?
- 00:10:00 – Can people trial Zerto?
- 00:11:00 – Cloudian with Neil Stobart
- 00:12:00 – Why us an on-premises object storage platform?
- 00:13:00 – What does an object store offer over file system?
- 00:16:20 – Using Cassandra for platform scalability
- 00:18:00 – What separates Cloudian from other vendors?
- 00:22:30 – E8 Storage with Julie Herd
- 00:22:50 – What problems does E8 Storage address?
- 00:25:00 – What makes E8 different?
- 00:26:00 – Why can’t traditional storage deliver?
- 00:27:30 – Why do customers need to move to NVMe?
- 00:29:30 – What next? New form factors and SmartNICs
- 00:31:00 – What about beer?
- 00:32:55 – StoreCentric with Read and Mark
- 00:33:00 – Nexsan and Drobo together
- 00:34:30 – Where did Nexsan fit in the enterprise?
- 00:37:00 – Where are the Nexsan and Drobo synergies?
- 00:39:00 – Core and Edge strategy
- 00:41:00 – How does StorCentric evolve past the two brands?
Related Podcasts & Blogs
- Disaggregated Storage Part II with Zivan Ori from E8 Storage
- Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage
- Storage Field Day 7 – Initial Thoughts
- Hybrid Cloud and Data Mobility
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission. Podcast Episode 7SMM.