This week, Chris is in San Diego attending Hitachi NEXT 2018, the annual user conference for Hitachi Vantara customers. Hitachi Vantara was formed in 2017 from the merger of Hitachi Data Systems, Hitachi Insight Group and Pentaho. Last year we spoke to Greg Knieriemen about the new company and the reasons behind the decision to move on from the HDS brand. One year on from the launch of Vantara, Chris talks with John Magee, VP, Product & Solutions Marketing at Hitachi Vantara about how the transition is going.
This podcast is one of a number recorded at the event and was recorded outside due to the level of background noise in the conference halls. As a result, there is a little wind noise on the recording, although thankfully, no helicopters (the event hotel is close to the San Diego naval base).
Elapsed Time: 00:13:19
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:00 – One year on, what’s the status?
- 00:04:00 – What happened to the IoT story?
- 00:05:00 – How has customer engagement changed?
- 00:07:00 – How have managed services evolved?
- 00:09:30 – What is this year’s event theme?
- 00:11:00 – The hype or reality behind IoT
- 00:13:00 – Wrap Up
Related Podcasts & Blogs
John leads Product and Solution Marketing for Hitachi Vantara’s portfolio of storage, data center and cloud infrastructure, IoT, and big data analytics.