In this week’s episode, Martin and Chris talk to Fred Monsone, founder of A3 Communications, a boutique storage PR and communications company. It’s clear that modern day PR isn’t the right term any more and communications describes the work much more accurately. Fred describes the reasons why start-ups and seasoned companies want to find the right way to engage with the press & journalists, bloggers and other influencers. Dealing with people is a challenge, especially the divas (like Martin), who expect bacon rolls at events! In case you’re wondering, we mentioned A3 Technology Live, an event that Fred runs and Martin & Chris have attended in the past. Finally the conversation wraps up with a few horror stories and a problem with steamy windows!
Elapsed Time: 00:38:23
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:00 – Is it PR or Communications – what’s the difference?
- 00:02:20 – Who do comms companies talk to?
- 00:04:00 – First hand experience counts in being an influencer
- 00:05:00 – Who are the clients – startups? Incumbents?
- 08:50:00 – Why choose storage as a specialist PR company?
- 00:11:00 – How has the storage market grown over the last 15 years?
- 00:13:00 – Are there any EMEA storage bloggers left?
- 00:15:30 – I’m selling a new storage product – how does PR work?
- 00:18:45 – How do the American and European markets differ?
- 00:22:00 – Are you a “leading” provider?
- 00:23:00 – How can you measure coverage and success of PR?
- 00:28:00 – Being selective about reading interesting influencers.
- 00:31:30 – Quirky people, dealing with the divas! (including bacon rolls)
- 00:33:00 – Vendor horror stories, spill the beans!
- 00:35:00 – Steamy windows!
- 00:37:00 – Wrap Up