In this podcast, recorded in December 2017, Chris talks to Nigel Tozer, Solutions Marketing Director, EMEA at Commvault. Today the subject is GDPR, otherwise known as the General Data Protection Regulation. GDPR is an update to existing data protection legislation that is meant to reflect the needs of EU citizens in protecting their personal data in a digital age.
Chris and Nigel talk through the issues, some of the steps end users can take and how Commvault offers solutions to bring businesses in line with GDPR.
Elapsed Time: 00:27:52
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:40 – What is GDPR?
- 00:03:40 – Why is GDPR such a big deal now?
- 00:05:00 – Will GDPR have the bite to match the bark?
- 00:07:44 – How have the rules been tightened in the UK compared to previous data protection?
- 00:09:00 – Reduce the legalise, please!
- 00:10:00 – Portability and ownership of data, how will it work?
- 00:12:00 – It’s people, process and technology.
- 00:13:00 – What practical changes need to be made?
- 00:15:00 – Right to be forgotten versus the law – who wins?
- 00:17:19 – What about technology?
- 00:20:30 – The positive side of GDPR
- 00:23:20 – Will people change their behaviour?
- 00:27:00 – Wrap Up
In the podcast, Nigel mentioned the ICO statement regarding the Uber breach. More details are here (The Independent). For more details on Commvault’s GDPR solutions and advice, check out www.commvault.com/gdpr.