In this quick podcast, recorded live at Commvault GO 2017, Chris talks to Greg Knieriemen, Technology Evangelist with Hitachi Vantara. Hitachi recently merged the HDS (Hitachi Data Systems), Pentaho and Hitachi Insight Group brands together into a single entity, Hitachi Vantara.
The new company will focus more on data and IoT, as Greg explains. Unfortunately the recording terminated early, so we lost about a minute of wrap up and some of the conversation with Max Mortillaro, who joined us at the beginning of the recording.
Elapsed Time: 00:14:36
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:17 – Oops – who is Greg Knieriemen, Evangelist with Hitachi Vantara
- 00:02:00 – Passing the mantle over for Speaking in Tech
- 00:03:30 – HDS, Hitachi Insight Group, Pentaho become Hitachi Vantara
- 00:04:00 – Max randomly joins the conversation
- 00:06:30 – The evolution of Hitachi, moving to IoT
- 00:07:14 – Greg teases about storage announcements coming in May 2018
- 00:09:50 – Moving steel bars!
- 00:11:12 – Adapting to work with the open source community
- 00:12:00 – What is Hitachi Lumada?
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.