The following podcast was recorded at Pure Accelerate in San Francisco in June 2017. The recording was made behind the main stage, so apologies for the background noise which does get pretty loud for a while! Chris talks to Ivan Iannaccone, Director of Product Management (also known as Emperor of Flash) at Pure Storage. The conversation goes through the new software features of FlashArray, including ActiveCluster, VVOLs, NVMe and snapshots.
Elapsed Time: 00:20:34
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:01:04 – A wealth of new announcements
- 00:01:50 – ActiveCluster – synchronous replication
- 00:06:00 – Meta – AI driven analytics
- 00:09:00 – VVols and VASA 3.0
- 00:12:00 – NVMe and NVMe over fabrics
- 00:16:00 – Compute in the shelf – what could it be used for?
- 00:17:00 – Portable snapshots
- 00:20:00 – Wrap Up
You can view more details on FlashBlade on the Tech Field Day website, specifically covering the event with dedicated FlashBlade sessions.
Disclaimer: Chris was invited to the Pure Accelerate event, with Pure covering accommodation and travel costs. However there are no requirements to blog or otherwise produce media. Pure do not have rights of editorial before publication.
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.