In this podcast, recorded on 14th June 2017 at Pure Accelerate in San Francisco, Chris talks to Rob Lee, Chief Architect of the FlashBlade product line. FlashBlade 2.0 sees greater scalability for the product, but more interesting is the way in which companies have taken the platform and used it creatively to achieve things that weren’t possible with traditional NAS products.
Elapsed Time: 00:20:22
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:01:30 – Extended architecture – 5x performance, 3x IOPS
- 00:02:00 – introduction of object storage support
- 00:02:30 – Hardware review
- 00:04:50 – Improvements through software
- 00:07:10 – Customer use cases – what are people doing with the technology?
- 00:13:30 – Being able to do something you couldn’t do previously
- 00:14:00 – Mercedes and the regulation of teraflops!
- 00:15:20 – Opportunities of the object storage market
- 00:18:30 – Roadmap- when will the new features be released?
You can view more details on FlashBlade on the Tech Field Day website, specifically covering the event with dedicated FlashBlade sessions.
Disclaimer: Chris was invited to the Pure Accelerate event, with Pure covering accommodation and travel costs. However there are no requirements to blog or otherwise produce media. Pure do not have rights of editorial before publication.
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.