This conversation was recorded between Chris E and Chris Brandon, CEO of StorageOS, a London-based storage startup. StorageOS has just released their storage platform as a public beta. Based on containers and delivering storage for containers, StorageOS creates a distributed scale-out storage platform based on deployment on bare metal, virtual or cloud instances.
The category of SDS solutions based on containers continues to evolve. Companies like StorageOS are demonstrating that persistent storage is required by IT organisations, however traditional appliances don’t have to be the route forward.
Elapsed Time: 00:09:23
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:00:30 – Launch of StorageOS Beta
- 00:02:10 – StorageOS – storage for containers using containers
- 00:04:00 – Managing high availability – with containers
- 00:05:30 – APIs – automation of everything
- 00:06:00 – More details on the public beta
- 00:07:00 – Pricing model – free beta, then freemium for GA
- 00:08:00 – Persistent storage for containers has arrived