In this podcast, recorded on 21 November 2017, Chris, Gavin and Martin talk about thoughts from Chris’ recent trips to CommVault GO, Storage Field Day 14 and NetApp Insight. The CommVault and SFD14 events were held in the US, with NetApp Insight talking place in Berlin, Germany. At Storage Field Day, Dell EMC, E8 Storage, Scality and Congruity 360 presented. This podcast talks about the Dell EMC presentations. E8 Storage has been a recent podcast guest.
Elapsed Time: 00:30:48
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:00 – CommVault – great data protection, what else do they do?
- 00:03:00 – GDPR – the world is going to end!!
- 00:05:00 – Robert Swan – 2041.com, trek to the South pole
- 00:06:00 – Apologies in advance to all marketing people…
- 00:06:30 – Storage Field Day 14 and Dell EMC.
- 00:07:00 – The benefit of SRDF on VMAX and XtremIO X2.
- 00:08:00 – Back to the data services question again
- 00:11:00 – Dell EMC Midrange discussion
- 00:13:30 – Dell EMC Backup solutions.
- 00:14:30 – The marketing hype of Ransomware
- 00:16:00 – Creating consistency across backup solutions – please!
- 00:17:00 – Everybody loves an EBC
- 00:18:30 – NetApp Insight, moving on from Las Vegas to Berlin
- 00:20:00 – Differentiating HCI offerings
- 00:25:00 – Railing on Microsoft
- 00:27:00 – Looking ahead to AWS re:Invent
- 00:28:30 – Gartner infrastructure conferences
- 00:29:00 – Bananarama and Rick Parfitt Jr Band
- 00:30:30 – Wrap up
Companies & Products Referenced
Equifax, CommVault, Dell EMC, VMAX, XtremIO, Equallogic, Dell SC, Unity, VNX, HPE, NetApp HCI, SolidFire, Nutanix, AHV, Microsoft Azure, NFS for Azure.
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.