In this podcast, recorded on 27 April 2017, ChrisE, Martin and Gavin discuss what is likely to be announced at Dell-EMC World in May. The team talk about DockerCon 2017, held in Austin and muse about the possible return of Violin Memory, resurrected after their buyout.
Image courtesy 0f Sven Storbeck – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=289284
Elapsed Time: 00:27:05
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:00:42 – Dell-EMC World!
- 00:00:57 – RIP DSSD
- 00:03:00 – Whatever happened to Atmos?
- 00:04:30 – Remember folks it’s all about storing data
- 00:05:40 – EMC Unity or Nexsan Unity?
- 00:07:50 – What can we expect at (Dell) EMC World?
- 00:08:00 – All-flash Isilon?
- 00:11:30 – How big a market is big for Dell to take part?
- 00:13:30 – All-flash hamsters on spinning wheels! Face melting!
- 00:14:30 – Any product consolidation? What will be gone in 6 months?
- 00:14:50 – ScaleIO vs vSAN!
- 00:19:00 – DockerCon 2017!
- 00:23:24 – RuV – Thanks Dell EMC!
- 00:24:47 – Violin Memory rises like a Phoenix!
- 00:26:41 – Wrap Up!
Companies/Products Mentioned in this Podcast
EMC, Dell, DSSD, X-IO, Atmos, Isilon, Primary Data, VMware, vSAN, ScaleIO, vCloud Air, NSX, IBM, GPFS, Spectrum Scale, Symmetrix, Docker, Oracle, Docker Enterprise, Project Moby, VMware, Peoplesoft, Violin Memory
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Storage Unpacked. No reproduction or re-use without permission.